Who am I?Learning and Development / Human Resource executive and effective business partner with successful history of building top-performing teams that increase employee engagement, improve employee effectiveness, and inspire exceptional performance in fast paced, growing organizations.
Professional MissionMy passion is helping employees and thereby organizations reach their highest potential by creating learning and mentoring programs which push the organization forward and ensure company goals are exceeded.
Grab a Quick Copy of my vCard
Education, Skills and Affiliations
Boston University School of Management
B.S. in Business Administration
Leadership Positions: Student Union President, Student Union Executive Vice- President, School of Management Senator
Strategic planning, leadership and management, executive coaching, budgeting, project management, instructional design, accelerated and participant centered learning, executive coaching, vendor management and negotiation, blended learning, elearning, learning management systems, employee relations, human resource management, needs assessments, trending and data analysis
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
National Training Seminars- Train the Trainer Certification, Leadership Strategies- Advanced Facilitation Skills and 7 Separators of Great Facilitation, Thiagi- Interactive Strategies, B.E.S.T. Instruments, Franklin Covey- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Achieve Global- Leadership Skills, D.E.I. Sales Prospecting, Work Place Connections- Managing Difficult Conversations, Franklin Covey- Focus and What Matters Most, Washington Mutual Bank’s- Training with Confidence 1 and 2 (Master Facilitator), Center for Leadership Studies- Situational Leadership
Society for Human Resource Management- National Member
National Human Resources Association- National Member
American Society for Training and Development- National Member & Los Angeles Chapter
EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENT HIGHLIGHTS
KAISER PERMANENTE – REGIONAL TRAINING MANAGER 2015-2016
A not-for-profit founded in 1945. It is an integrated health care organization based in Oakland, California, that serves as an umbrella for a federation of for-profit medical groups.
• Responsible for developing the learning and development strategy for Southern California Region which supports 7 major call centers servicing 13 medical centers and includes over 200 leaders and 1,700+ appointment clerks.
• Virtually managed a regional team of 18 Quality Assurance Supervisors/Trainers in 7 call centers spread throughout Southern California. Co-developed strategic plan to re-align the team into two distinct departments- Training and Quality Assurance.
• Developed job descriptions, role competencies, and career paths to align with the new strategy.
• Partnered with HR and Recruiting on the reorganization and hiring of staff for the new Quality and Training Departments.
• Collaborated with the Quality Assurance Manager on developing team policies, team assignments and scheduling, and creating the team’s Sharepoint site.
• Partnered with Call Center site managers to determine training needs and corporate projects to ensure resources were assigned appropriately. Responsible for developing training plans for the following projects: Antelope Valley Call Center conversion and the Seamless Valley project which impacted 2 of the call centers.
• Active on various corporate projects including Workforce Management Task Force, Recruitment Alignment Taskforce, and Appointment Services Task Force.
XTREME CONSULTING – LEARNING CONSULTANT (Microsoft Office 365) 2014-2015
Founded in 2005 by entrepreneurs who understood the difficulty that large organizations experience in finding good resources with both business acumen and sound technical expertise.
• Scope out detailed training requirements from Microsoft Office 365 Service Delivery Managers to develop Global strategic training plan.
• Design and develop training programs including instructor led courses, podcasts, e-learning, etc.
• Collaborate effectively with other functional groups (program management, planning, support, other training teams, etc.) to ensure seamless training integration with all aspects of Commerce division.
• Subject Matter Expert for training on various system initiatives, releases, and roll-outs. Assist in testing and providing feedback on system features as it relates to the Commerce team.
• Partner with other Microsoft internal training teams to leverage learning and adopt best practices.
• Manage Learning Management Software ensuring curriculum is available to both facilitators and learners. Partner with the LMS team to troubleshoot issues, update user access, and migrate curriculum from one site to another.
• Measure training program effectiveness from a customer satisfaction perspective.
RENT-A-TIRE (RENT A WHEEL) – DIRECTOR OF HR, TRAINING & COMPLIANCE 2011-2013
The largest Rent-to-Own custom wheel and tire retailer in the nation with over 88 stores across 11 states with over 550 employees of which 200+ were either managers or department heads.
• Developed and implemented new hire on-boarding and training program which decreased turnover by 40% within 4 months of inception.
• Developed and piloted a customized sales training program which increased sales by 16% in a two month period.
• Created over 20 courses in sales, service, and technical skills for all field/store positions. This blended learning included self-directed activities, conference call, web, and elearning (Proprofs).
• Managed 8 direct reports in HR, Training and Compliance departments and ensured strategic goals and initiatives were achieved.
• Provided executives and department managers HR guidance and support in the areas of employee relations, benefits, compensation as well as interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Managed and handled employee relations, worker’s compensation tracking and follow-up, benefits enrollment process, unemployment, status changes, payroll questions, leaves of absence reporting and follow-up, etc.
• Conducted approximately 40 discreet and thorough employee investigations on issues such as harassment, workplace injuries, etc. Worked with legal counsel on EEOC claims and negotiations.
• Researched, negotiated licensing, and managed HR Compliance Online training for all corporate leadership and store managers/ supervisors. This included bi-annual Anti-harassment training, conflict resolution, effective management skills, etc.
• Set up and administered online recruiting tool (Smartrecruiter.com) for the organization. Trained approx. 100 managers/executives on effective recruiting, interviewing, and hiring candidates.
• Created and administered annual Employee Satisfaction Survey to determine specific improvement areas. Implemented strategic plans to improve employee engagement through better corporate communication, compensation, employee development programs, and enhanced information systems.
CALIFORNIA NATIONAL BANK – VP, DIRECTOR OF TRAINING 2006-2010
Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, this bank had 68 branches (approximately 750 employees and over 200 supervisors/managers); was the fourth-largest commercial bank based in Los Angeles County.
• Managed various vendor relationships including contracting with a new printer to save over 35% on training materials which resulted in approximately $25,000 savings over 3 years.
• Developed strategic training plan for bank acquisition training which included facilitating teller training and sales agent training for over 500 employees over a tight 3 month timeline.
• Partnered with Human Resources and Executive Leaders to develop career paths for branch position levels. The guides were utilized by 600 branch employees to insure competency mastery for each job.
• Provided ongoing business coaching to executives and supervisors on leadership courses including DEI Sales training resulting in a 20% increase in first appointments for business sales.
• Mentored 3 subsidiary Training Directors as the National Training Committee Co-Chairperson.
• Developed National Training policies and procedures utilized by 4 subsidiary locations throughout the US.
• Directed the roll out of numerous national training projects including Achieve Global Leadership training, retail products redesign, DEI Sales Prospect Management training, new computer systems, compliance topics, etc.
• Partnered with IT on various projects including optimizing the Access training tracking database, redesigning the training intranet site, troubleshooting computer system roll-out, and etc.
• Developed, scheduled and managed the conversion training of over 600 employees from acquired bank, PFF Bank and Trust, over 3 month period.
ANSWER FINANCIAL – TRAINING MANAGER 2004- 2006
Headquartered in Encino, AFI is of the largest online personal insurance agencies in the United States with over 300,000 active policies for auto, life, fire and specialty casualty insurance.
• Developed support curriculum for new agents improving passing rates for state licensing from 25% to 85% within 2 months. Trained approximately 500 new hires within this timeframe.
• Created leadership development programs for sales managers/ supervisors.
• Design, developed, and rolled-out sales courses which resulted in 15% sales increase per agent.
• Managed a team of three trainers who facilitated in-house developed courses in new agent training, sales, leadership, customer service, and anti-harassment. Successfully trained over 500 employees.
• Partnered with call center managers to ensure successful transition of agents to the sales floor.
• Created weekly executive summary outlining changes to curriculum to ensure each new training class was more successful in completing their licensing testing and ramped up their selling skills.
WASHINGTON MUTUAL BANK – TRAINING SUPERVISOR, CONTACT CENTER 2001-2004
WaMu was, at one time, the nation’s largest savings and loan company growing to over 327.9 billion in assets and up to 49,000 employees in 2008.
• Managed and led a team of 6-8 trainers, 1 training coordinator, and 2-4 training interns who provided training to over 2000 contact center employees.
• Created the bank’s first trainer internship program. Developed 12 interns into successful trainers.
• Participated in analyzing the agents’ quality assurance calls weekly to determine areas of improvement. Customer satisfaction increased from 83% to 88%, handle time improved by 10%.
• Facilitated vendor certified leadership courses (i.e. Achieve Global, Franklin Covey, Situational Leadership, Workplace Connections, etc.) for executives, managers, and supervisors at the 3 nationwide call centers.
• Created and facilitated team building activities used to train 150+ managers in various corporate events and meetings.
I’d love to hear about any professional leadership opportunities in learning and development, executive/life coaching, or human resources. Please feel free to email me directly.Email: email@example.com Northridge, CA 91343